Tuesday, August 28, 2007

After talking with a friend, Kaza has decided to leave the financial profession and become a FIREFIGHTER!

You can all thank Aubrey for my career change from Finance into the exciting fast paced world of firefighting! I was at a firehouse in southern Minnesota and Aubrey needed another person to operate the water hose. I was thinking that I was not properly trained for such a job but I thought, "Hey, I'll give it a shot. What's that worst that could happen?" We did however document the first time I suited up in the fireman ...excuse me...fire women's gear!


Here I am suiting up to go out on my first job as a firefighter!

Now that I finally have the pants on I can work at getting the jacket on...but don't worry according to the other firefighters I still have time. No Hurry!
Now I'm finally ready to go help the other firefighters. All I have to do is stand back from the other firefighters who are aiming the hose and pull the hose back and out of their way in case they need to back up in a hurry. The hose was a lot heavier than I expected and all the water that splashed back in your face is incredible. In the end, the team of firefighters that I was working with was able to get the job done!

I even have pictures of the actual stuff that the other firefighters were aiming for.......











Seriously. Did you actually think I was helping put out a real fire?? What firefighter in their right mind would let me help put out a fire?! :)

This is what actually happened.

A friend of mine was having a festival in honor of veterans and part of the entertainment was watching the water barrel fights with local groups of firefighters participating. I had a great time watching firefighters from the surrounding area battle it out for the coveted "gold" water barrel trophy. At the end, they asked if any females wanted to try. They were going to end up being short 2 people, so Aubrey ended up recruiting me to participate. As you can see from the photo I really had no idea what I was doing but it was still so much fun! And it would have been something that I would have never tried, so I thank Aubrey for coming to find me!






3 comments:

T n A said...

Sure, I leave all my wealth in your hands & you've decided to leave to become a firefighter! Is this how you were able to finance a new uniform for your new job? Did you have to pay postage for it to arrive at your doorstep? LOL "SNICKER, SNICKER" Looks like you had a great time & it went to a great cause. We applaud you for stepping up and making America what it should be. People helping people! Oh you looked pretty good using your hose too. Do the outfits come in pink? Just curious! :):):)

T n A said...

We're still waiting for your next post????? Anytime soon?

TnA

LoneStars said...

You go girl!