Saturday, August 25, 2007

Try something you have never done before! You may be surprised at what you accomplish!


Ever since I moved into my grandmother's house there has been this lone chair and for some reason I never got rid of it. I rarely used the chair until I started to learn how to play piano. The chair also never really fit with the decor of the rest of the house. Frenchie wanted to get rid of it but for some reason we never did.


Well today we finally did something about that chair. We redid the chair! I searched the house for what ever paint we had left from other miscellaneous projects and found what looked like white paint from redoing the laundry room. After I opened the paint I noticed it was the light blue that we used instead of white. This turned out to be an excellent error! I also had some fabric laying around from the last time I had a grand craft idea, never started, and then forgot about. Since this was my first time remodeling a chair, I checked the Internet to make sure I was not getting myself into something so complicated that I was not going to be able to finish, but the instructions sounded reasonable.


After painting the chair , which took two coats it was time to tackle the cushion. This is when I ran into the only problem with the chair. Frenchie had a staple gun...but...it was from Canada and the size staples that the gun requires are not available in the U.S. So thankfully Frenchie's parents bought another staple gun complete with staples for the gun. Thank you again guys! Frenchie helped me staple the new fabric on to the cushion which took a matter of 5 minutes at the most! This was awesome since I expected this project to be long with many complications but it went together perfectly!

Here is the newly refurbished chair!

VOILA!



Today was quite the day. Not only did we redo this chair but Frenchie and his Dad put in the new entry door, Frenchie cleaned the carpets witha rented Rugdoctor and I made 5 loaves of zucchini bread and zucchini mini muffins for our church fundraiser tomorrow!

We also have pictures of the old entry door and the new one but I will let Frenchie tell you about that one and show you the pictures!

3 comments:

T n A said...

We have several chairs here in AZ that need some touching up. That turned out fantastic!! Great job!

spcone said...

Bump, YOU cooked?!?!? and i know zuke bread doesn't come canned in the just-add-water variety so i'm proud of ya! job well done and the cause was worthy as well.
oh, hey, nice job on the chair too. lovely.

LoneStars said...

Impressionnante! Tres beaucoup chaise. C'est exactement la chose a faire!